The 2.6.24 Linux Kernel has been released, noting that Linus Torvalds and most of the other key Linux developers will be flying to a conference in Australia. As the whole team will be down under while the kernel is being tested by the masses, Linus added, “Let’s hope it’s a good one“.
What’s new in the latest release includes
- An optimized CFQ scheduler
- Numerous new wireless drivers
- Tickless kernel support for the x86-64 and PPC architectures.
- Anti-fragmentation patches
- PID and network namespaces
- And MuchMore
Time to download and start compiling.
var dc_AdLinkColor = ‘blue’ ;
var dc_UnitID = 14 ;
var dc_PublisherID = 27593 ;
var dc_adprod = ‘ADL’ ;